Defining a Judas Spirit
Satan was compelled to destroy both Peter and Judas. So what caused the different outcomes, with Peter’s life for Christ gloriously exalted in spite of his denial yet Judas ending up not only debased, but possessed by Satan himself. Were not both men anointed preachers who cast out devils and healed the sick under the Lord’s 3 year ministry?
Peter denied Jesus but Judas betrayed the Lord. It is also noteworthy to consider that Judas simply was not enlightened with the necessary spiritual sight to understand that Jesus Christ Nazareth is actually God Almighty. Also, take note that the scriptures report how Jesus prayed that even though Satan would try to sift Peter like wheat, that Peter’s faith fail him not. Yet there is no biblical record that the Lord prayed for Judas. To Judas, scriptures report that to Judas, the Lord said “do what you are called to do yet do it quickly.” I suspect that a person with a Judas Spirit is under the control of Satan cooperatively. Even though the Lord is capable of drawing followers by the leading of the Holy Spirit , Satan has no secret access to God’s chosen ones unless the person has opened the door to him.
Simply put, those with a Judas Spirit are simply not predestined to salvation. They walk into darkness comfortably and willingly because the love of Christ is not in them and can never be. They are what Jesus referred to as the tares—Satan’s children according to their own will. Clearly prayer is incapable of convicting the tares. Manipulation, domination, and a desire for control is what opens them fully to the darkness.
10 Signs or Attributes of The Judas Spirit
1. Rejection of the brethren is a major strategy of the Judas Spirit, particularly when another alleged “child of God” is functioning as your messenger or even your prophet. .
How do I know this? Well I spent the first 25 years of my spiritual life around counterfeit believers who had no love in them for others. Yet, because they were so religious, it never really crossed my mind that these religious folk were not even born again. Years of observation led me to create two keyword phrases: premature births and counterfeit births. A premature mature birth occurs when the elect of God did not wait on God to call him or her but used his own will to “accept Jesus” . A false convert is a tare–one whom Satan has planted among us who will probably never be converted. This is a Judas Spirit. .
2. Remember that we wrestle not against flesh and blood but against devils and demons. Therefore, devils and demons are forced to use people as their messengers. Consequently, the enemy’s natural and spiritual emissaries are usually false brethren.
3. I have found that once my spiritual discernment has been exercised sufficiently to recognize good from evil, a counterfeit emissary cannot remain around me for very long. There are times when I am contacted by email by people who have either visited my website or read one of my books or articles who sense that we are on the same spiritual track. Yet as soon as a difference comes to the surface, they behave in unfriendly, unseemly and even disturbing ways. They have a Judas Spirit.
3. No one has to agree with you on EVERYTHING for them to continue loving you. Christian love is manifested as tolerance and loving correction. Whether you left their home church or not, if they are true Christians, they ought to accept the fact that you love Christ and you are in obedience to Him, even though your path may be different from theirs. So a lack of tolerance, flexibility and sobriety is a sign of a Judas Spirit and/or a premature or a counterfeit birth.
4. True brethren may not approve of your doctrine or even your lifestyle but to them, a prayerful spirit of freedom and understanding is essential to Christian love. Rejection based upon doctrinal differences is of the devil.
5. So keep this in mind. The religious fallen angel or demon assigned to you has an agenda centered on causing YOU to lose your salvation. So the Judas Spirit will use human vessels to bring you to a point of discouragement by any means necessary.
6. Whatever causes you to feel hopeless and without God in the world, is not the same factors that can be effective against someone else. So this demon will use different strategies but the goal is the same.
7. The Judas Spirit will do whatever he is permitted to do by God in an effort to seduce you to hate God. Like Job’s wife, the enemy will find someone in your life to say by their actions and their message, “Curse God and DIE!”
8. So in order to defeat you and to set up his purposes to derail you, the religious faallen angels and demons have to counterfeit God Himself, both His presence and His workings. The pretense is cleverly planned with all of your weaknesses in mind.
9. The goal is to obtain YOUR cooperation each evil spirit must obtain the consent of your will. To cause you the disappointment that he is seeking, the religious demon must first build up your confidence as a means to tear it down at the crucial time.
10. The Judas Spirit will use fake believers, even family and friends to set you up for rejection. The intent is to penetrate your soul with thought/ feelings of acute darkness, confusion, strife, chaos and anxiety, often felt like a knife-like pain in your chest.
To Learn More